Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tagged!

I've been “tagged” by Raspberry Grace AND Shabby Angel (apparently it's a blogworld thing), so..

The rules: Answer 5 questions about myself. At the end of the post tag 5 people and post their names, go to their blog and leave them a comment letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read my blog for the rules. Let the person who tagged me know when I've posted my answers.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Well – who knows? BUT I can tell you that around that time I spent a month in Wyoming. I have just found a diary entry from then:
“It's another hot day here in Wyoming - daytime temperatures have been 90 - 100 although yesterday was cooler at 88. Today we are having a lazy time - yesterday Carol drove us down to Fort Laramie which was a fascinating place - on the way we stopped off for a picnic lunch at Natural Bridge, which is a secret place in the mountain - there is a huge natural stone arch eroded away over the river - very pretty. We also stopped off at Register Cliff to see the hundreds of inscriptions made by those pioneers on the Oregon Trail - and saw the ruts made in the rock by the wagons as they made their way west.“

5 Things on My To Do List Today
Reply to a wedding invitation
Catch up on e-mails
Find a poster frame
Go for a walk by the river
Try to remember what the fifth thing might be.

Snacks I enjoy
Winegums (have to be the ones in a tube) – is that a snack?

Things I would do if I were a millionaire
I’d rather not be a millionaire – I prefer the riches not linked to money - but if I were to be given £1m, I would give £150K to each of our 4 children, I would give £100K to the RNLI, £100K to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance. So now, that leaves £200K. I’d treat everyone to a holiday – another £20K? So – I’ve still got loads left over. I’d spend about £15K on a trip to Australia, flying first-class in one of those comfy looking beds! I’d put the other £165K in the bank whilst I decided what to do with it. (You can tell I’m an MSE devotee)

Places I’ve lived
Bedfordshire, North Devon, South Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire

Bloggers tagged: All Things Shabby Chic, Rose&Bird, Shabby Homemaking, Dolly Dollop, Mumsee

3 comments:

Raspberry Grace said...

"I prefer the riches not linked to money"

What a beautiful thing to say, thank you for that.

God bless, Pip/Rasp xxx

Anonymous said...

I like your goals in this one!

We've lived in some of the same places!

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend!

angel said...

Ah, Bless, That was so sweet, what a lovely lady you are (((Huggles))).