Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Dresser

No, not the film with Albert Finney, this is the dresser that was my first furniture updating project.

The dresser was orangey pine with scratched varnish and water marks on the top. It fitted perfectly into its allocated space but I hated how it looked. Surely if I painted it, there was nothing to lose? If it looked hideous I could chuck it out (Freecycle) and get something else – much better though to try and recycle it.

This was the result – unfortunately no “before” photo but here it is being painted (3 coats Farrow and Ball Ringwold Ground) and another of it in situ and in use – photo’s a bit dark. That’s bread in the bags – not a chicken de-frosting!


3 comments:

Raspberry Grace said...

It's just beautiful.. I hope mine looks as nice when I try to paint it!

God bless, Rasp xx (Pipkin)

Country Bliss said...

It looks lovely, I bet your glad you painted it, love the colour.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! The dresser is beautiful! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!