Monday, July 14, 2008

Way Back When

I had an e-mail yesterday from Friends Reunited inviting me to look at their updated website, which I did and was very surprised to see the following photograph which was taken 50 years ago! I am the one with the black arrow above her head.




The above photograph was taken at the same time (I'm the one on the right trying to pull over the maypole). My Mum is seated (four people to the left of me in the photo) in the black cardigan. Next to her (on the left) is my grandmother holding my new baby sister (although she is barely visible) who had been born on 13 May. The girl to the left of me in the photo wrote to me a few years ago and I was intrigued by her memories of coming to our house to watch The Lone Ranger. This might explain why I felt an affinity with Wyoming, when I visited there!

I was surprised to see the school mentioned at all, as it was such a tiny private school in Luton. I loved it there and remember the May celebrations well - the flowers they used were beautiful and every time I smell lilac I remember those days. The school consisted of a Little Class and a Big Class! I remember progressing to the Big Class and learning all about Mistle Thrushes in my first lesson .....

Funny how one little e-mail can give your memory such a jolt.

6 comments:

Country Bliss said...

How great to come across the photos, I bet it brought back many memories for you.
Yvonne

Sandie said...

I've now heard from 2 former pupils of the school, too.... the internet never fails to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandie how wonderful!I should get my mum to look at her school!

Lace hearts said...

What lovely pictures. I think it's lovely to post things like this - I'll have to dig out a couple of my school days.
I've just given you a blog award, as yours is one of the ones I regularly read and like it seemed an obvious choice.

Ashin Mettacara said...

This is my first time and come to bless you. Good story you wrote.

angel said...

Oh Sandie, that is Beautiful, Bless you.

I always love coming to visit your blog its so moving. Mwah X X X X